The Skills Hub and The Young People’s Academy have a joint Local Governing Body (LGB) which has been given certain delegated responsibilities by the Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (OHCAT) Board of Directors through a Scheme of Delegation.
Some of the LGB’s key responsibilities are:
Setting the strategic direction of the Academy by:
- Ensuring the values, aims and objectives for the Academy are aligned to those of OHCAT
- Implementing the policy framework for achieving the agreed aims and objectives
- Setting statutory targets
- Agreeing the Academy improvement strategy
Challenging and supporting the Academy by monitoring, reviewing and evaluating:
- The implementation and effectiveness of the policy framework
- Progress towards targets
- The implementation and effectiveness of the Academy improvement strategy
- The budget and the staffing structure
Ensuring accountability by:
- Monitoring the Academy’s self-evaluation documentation
- Responding to Ofsted reports when necessary
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the performance of the Academy
- Ensuring parents and pupils are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate
- Making information available to the community
The LGB generally meets once a term and comprises volunteers from the community with relevant skills and experience, the Principal from each school and parent and staff governors.
Additionally, the LGB has established a Pay Committee comprising the Chair of the LGB and two further governors, normally the HR portfolio holder and the Finance portfolio holder unless circumstances do not permit. The Pay Committee meets once a year to consider the Principal’s salary recommendations for all teaching staff, and to ensure that all pay decisions have been made in accordance with relevant policies.
If you require any further information please contact the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org