The Skills Hub works with many different groups of pupils over a wide age range including:
- Pupils that have been fixed term or permanently excluded from school
- Pupils that are at risk of permanent exclusion
- Pupils with an identifiable special need which does not require a statement of Special Educational Need e.g. young mums, pupils that are unable to attend school for medical reasons
- Pupils requiring education other than at school e.g. disaffected pupils
- Pupils who require additional support in school
- Students that have moved in Hillingdon and are without an immediate school place
Primarily we seek to prepare pupils for return to mainstream school or prepare them for the world of work, further education or training and to lead healthy prosperous lives.
We specialise in a duty of care towards individual pupils whose education has reached a point of crisis and liaise with their families and other relevant agencies.
The Skills Hub offers a varied curriculum and range of programmes in order to create an individualised learning package for all its pupils that offers preparation for adult life. This includes entry to public examinations and work related learning in Key Stage 4.